Articles & News
Let’s talk about Diversity & Inclusion.
It’s time to highlight the great work being done, identify where more is needed, and work to promote a character that embraces the benefits of attracting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Read recent articles about the industry’s initiatives related to D&I in energy.
Taskforce blog posts
- The most important thing a D&I ally can do is to take actionBy Scott McGinigal, VP Business Services, CNOOC International —– When it comes to the topic of diversity and inclusion (D&I), I find myself in an interesting position. Why? Well, as …
- Key D&I moments in 2020 and why they matterBy Deirdre Michie OBE, Chief Executive, OGUK There are numerous moments in history we can point to that have shaped the world we live in today; whether through their influence …
- Meet the Team: Teresa Waddington, LNG CanadaTeresa Waddington is the Asset HSSE Manager for the LNG Canada project, on secondment from Shell. Exposed to the world of engineering at relatively young age, courtesy of her mum …
- Meet the Team: Caroline Gill, Shell UKCaroline Gill, Subsurface Lead for the Arran Development at Shell UK, started her career at Cambridge University, gaining her Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Master of Science (MSci) degrees in …
- Allyship: The key to diversityThe death of George Floyd has had a profound impact on us all, the level of support for the Black Lives Matter protests shows this. We feel compelled to do something, we want to help drive change, but we don’t always know how.
- Let’s all be part of the conversationFollowing the successful OGUK D&I webinar that took place in May, the Diversity & Inclusion Task Force has been on a mission to address some of the key questions and common themes that were highlighted from the more than 300 delegates.
- Black Lives Matter VideoOur industry stands in solidarity with our black and minority ethnic colleagues and friends, and we pledge to do all we can to promote inclusiveness. Together, we will work to address inequalities from which our industry is not immune.
- International Women in Engineering Day #ShapeTheWorldTo join this celebration of the important role played by women engineers across the UK oil and gas industry, we have collated below a selection of inspirational people – both female engineers and males who are inspired by them – as a dedication to their hard work across the sector.
- International Women in Engineering Day: Minister for Women sets out why the industry needs gender equalityThe STEM sector needs more women. We have all, no doubt, heard this statement many times, from many leaders – especially today, on International Women in Engineering Day. As the Minister for Women, however, I know this is true now more than ever.
- International Women in Engineering DayInternational Women in Engineering Day is about focusing attention on the amazing career opportunities available to girls and women in this exciting career.
Industry news & articles
- Number of women at the top of the UK energy sector rises – but prevalence of all-male boards remains disappointing. POWERful Women and PwC have published the latest ‘state of the nation’ on the gender balance at the top of the UK energy industry. Read more
- Industry inclusion: A change is necessary. Workforce diversity and inclusivity are currently major discussion points for industry. Wireline Issue 45 – Read more
- Understanding the next generation. “OGUK is proud to champion industry efforts to improve diversity and inclusion.” BAME, pages 76-77 – Read more
Do you have additional resources we could share? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.